Digital printing is the process of printing digital-based images directly onto a variety of media substrates, according to the printing company Xerox. In the last 30 years, digital printing has made extreme advances. So much so, that it has now found its way into the textile industry.
However, like most new technology, digital printing has advantages and disadvantages.
- With digital printing there is no need for a screen preparation process
- It offers the ability to hold print information in a digital format until production
- The ability to use many colors without additional cost
- More detailed lines
- Reduces water and energy consumption
- Faster production
- Research is still ongoing for things such as fabric handling, printhead capability, and robustness
- Quality control mechanisms for nozzle failure and fabric wrinkle detector systems
- Optimization of the printing supply chain for process, water, energy, and price reduction
Although this new technology is constantly being updated, it is truly making great innovations within the textile industry. This is allowing companies to stay abreast with fashions and trends, and deliver a product to the market as soon as possible.
The textile world is always evolving and improving. With innovations like this, we can look forward to solutions to all of our textile needs! For over 150-years, Fletcher Industries has been proud to provide top service, and full technical support, for each of our valued clients. We can help consult on a new project, or assist in the maintenance of the actual equipment. It’s what we’ve done for a century and a half. We look forward to what the next 150 years have in store, and we hope that you will continue to be part of our rich and ongoing history. For more information, please visit our website or call (910) 692-7133.